My Wonderland.

March 2012

March 2012
Presented by Niki and Wintee

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby's Studio Recording

Baby got this chance of recording for a primary school band's demo, and he brought me along to the studio. This studio is owned by one of his 'master', Simon Ng - the band director of Fuchun Primary, and many other schools.


I have longed heard his name but never got the chance to meet him in person, and never that I thought I will get this chance to meet and know him personally under such circumstances. I hope I didn't throw baby's face last night! O.O

And because of his ability, I have never dared to join band when I was in Primary School because the band is too good. :) I'm still proud of my school after so many years!


And another Saxophonist, Cavin (I think its spelled this way), was present. They both figured the notes and work together for this demo. Nice! I think he's a pro player toooooo.


And me?
I wasn't doing nothing!


Because Simon was doing something else, he taught me some basics to operate that computer that was pretty easy, and I helped them in pressing "Start" and "Stop" and "replay". LOL.... And some copy and paste of passages, merging them into phrases.


It was a little bit fun that I learnt something new today. :)


But it definitely takes alot of patience to be a sound engineer! And, something interesting today;

LOOK AT THE SAXOPHONE!!

Its a mere 800grams Plastic Saxophone!


And it sounded like a Saxophone without the metalic sound..... It looks like a toy, and sounded like one. But the player manage to make the recording sounded like a real Saxophone!

Ahh.. I don't know how to describe this, but its awesome!


So, when the piece was more or less completed, Simon came in and within 15 mins, he adjusted the intonation and tempo etc. It "WOW-ED" me so much that I find this person interesting.

How on earth can a person be so successful to start from scratch?
He sets me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment