My Wonderland.

March 2012

March 2012
Presented by Niki and Wintee

Friday, May 25, 2012

Worker's Party Rally

It's my first time attending such Rallies, a live one. I've seen many 'debates', 'talks' and 'complains' online (especially when all those videos are so easily accessible). This very fine day, I went.

It's their last Rally before the actual voting, and today is the 'Cooling Day' meaning no one is suppose to comment any more. Saturday is the BIG day for Hougang's Residence.

I feel so much on that very spot while squeezing among all the other supporters. I am not a very political person, but upon hearing so much into these schemes, issues and solutions, it gets to my nerves on why no one is doing anything in the government? And indirectly, I was affected by all these issues, eg; educational system, housing loans and prices of homes, tax and so on.

As a mid-20s young adult, I can't even affort a home now, what's more to start a family? This is where my government is forcing us to. How to get a higher birthrate you tell me? I can't even provide a basic roof over my head, how am I suppose to take care of my kid if I have one?

As we grow up, we tend to see more things and feel them. I always thought that government and I will never cross. But I was so wrong. Now I feel as if I had been living in my own world for the past 25 years. 

But its never too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment